Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Sept 26
On Satureday Sept 26th, releases will only show if there is available stock for sale and then only after 1pm EST.
To Browse the titles for the Sept 26 Drop you my go to Record Store Day Drop 2
To Browse Aug 29 remaining releases here you may click the above box or GO HERE
To celebrate their 20th anniversary, Bayside is releasing the "Heaven" 7” featuring the fan favorite track “Heaven” from 2019’s critically acclaimed album Interrobang! The B-side is the previously unreleased "Heaven (Acoustic)" and it’s all on limited edition orange vinyl!
“Heaven”/ “Heaven (Acoustic)”
A re-issue of The Black Crowe’s “Jealous Again” 12” vinyl single to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic Shake Your Money Maker album. Features the hit single “Jealous Again” on Side A, backed with “Waitin’ Guilty” and “Thick N’ Thin” on Side B.
SIDE A –
1. Jealous Again (Album Version)
SIDE B –
1. Waitin’ Guilty 2. Thick N’ Thin (Album Version)
Founder Marie Daulne's mixed cultural roots--Walloon and Bantu (Belgian and Pygmee)--were the stimulus for her musical creation. After studying with the Bantu and in Europe, she organized Zap Mama as an instrument to meld a synthesis of these previously separate traditions. She instantly stood the vocal world on its head by mixing multiple musical styles, performing them with a group of women who created such rhythmic wonder that everyone sat up and took notice. This, their first release, has many tunes with Pygmee yodel and chant, a 16th century Spanish song, a Cuban song, and elements of Syrian songs. It was the first World Music 'hit' selling over 200,000 copies in the US alone. Available for the first time on vinyl. And on magenta splatter color vinyl too!
1. Mupepe 2. Bottom 3. Brrlak! 4. Abadou 5. Take Me Coco 6. Plekete 7. Mizike 8. Babanzele 9. Din Din 10. I Ne Suhe 11. Guzophela 12. Nabombeli Yo 13. Marie-Josee 14. Ndje Mukanie 15. Son Cubano
If you watched television, went to the movies, or listened to radio in the ‘80s and ‘90s, you probably heard Suzanne Ciani's work whether you knew it or not. Suzanne is a five-time Grammy award-nominated composer, electronic music pioneer, and neo-classical recording artist whose work has been featured in countless commercials, video games, and feature films. The documentary A Life In Waves explores Suzanne's life and innovations through her own eyes, offering a feminine glimpse into the world of electronic music.
With fifteen albums spanning 40-plus years, countless commercial scores and sound designs, Suzanne's catalog is among the most rich and varied of any artist working today. With selections ranging from Suzanne's early modular experimentations, to her commercial sound design, to her romantic synthesizer works, to her delicate piano compositions, this soundtrack is the only collection of its kind. Like the film, it's a journey into Suzanne's mind, and a career-spanning exploration of this genre-defying artist. Pressed on clear vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1. Liberator Atari TV Spot (Long Version) 2. The First Wave (Birth of Venus) 3. Concert at Phil Niblock’s Loft (Excerpt) 4. “Pop & Pour” Coca-Cola Logo 5. Lincoln Mercury 4-Door Cougar TV Spot 6. Suzanne Ciani 'Clean Room' ITT TV Spot 2012 7. The Eighth Wave 8. Rain (A Life In Waves Version) 9. Paris 1971 10. Princess 11. Butterflies 12. The Third Wave (Love In The Waves)
New Vinyl: $32.98 Buy
2020 marks the 25th Anniversary of the release of Gangsta's Paradise, the second studio album by rapper Coolio, released on November 21, 1995. It is Coolio's best-selling album, with over three million copies sold in the United States, and produced three singles: "Gangsta's Paradise", "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New)", and "Too Hot".
This anniversary edition is remastered, pressed on 180g double red vinyl and features previously unreleased bonus material
1. That's How It Is, 2. Geto Highlites, 3. Gangsta's Paradise, 4. Too Hot, 5. Cruisin', 6. Exercise Yo' Game, 7. Sumpin' New, 8. Smilin', 9. Fucc Coolio, 10. Kinda High Kinda Drunk, 11. For My Sistas, 12. Is This Me?, 13. A Thing Goin' On, 14. Bright as the Sun, 15. Recoup This, 16. The Revolution, 17. Get Up Get Down
1. "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New)" [Timber Mix], 2. "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New)" [Timber Mix Instrumental
Pre-GWAR mayhem. This is the band that started it all. Before he became Oderus Urungus, Dave Brockie fronted Richmond VA art-punk weirdos Death Piggy. All three of their EPs are combined here with unreleased and compilation tracks on 180g green vinyl with experimental etchings, remastered from the original tapes and with liner notes written by the band's guitarist Russ Bahorsky. First American vinyl pressing in over 30 years.
BONUS DOWNLOAD CONTENT WITH PURCHASE: 20 minute never-before heard live improv acoustic set from 1984, recorded as the band surprised business owners and pedestrians on the street with an impromptu performance.
1 G-O-D Spells God 2 Splatter Flick 3 Eat The People 4 Fat Man 5 Nympho 6 Bathtub In Space 7 No Prob, Dude 8 Mangoes & Goats 9 Welcome To The Record 10 Boner 11 Showbiz 12 Dinner In The Morning
1 Whippin' Around The Bay 2 Ceramic Butt 3 Poet 4 Ground "B" Sound 5 Joey Died Today 6 Minute 2 Live 7 Scabs (UNRELEASED 8 Ewoks (UNRELEASED) 9 Fear Of Murder (RARE)
20 minute live improv acoustic set from 1984, captured as the band surprised business owners and passerby on the street by showing up unannounced with their instruments. (ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THE DOWNLOAD OF THE ALBUM, INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE LP)
1. Hey, It's Okay 2. Jeff Slater 3. You Can Eat Dinner If You Want To 4. Something In A / The Day After The Music Died 5. Jingle Bells / Leprosy 6. Purple Haze
A road paving, agency grabbing, '69 girl group garage band trip!
Nashville, 1966: five young girls teach themselves their instruments playing along to the radio. Initially named 'The Pivots' and by the end of '67 christened as The Feminine Complex, they were playing out and developing a local following including radio and television appearances. They created their own versions of popular songs, a style that reflected their need to express their own experience of girlhood. Gender bending 'boys' songs' they simply changed the lyrics, modifying the major characters and pronouns creating a space for themselves inside the music where they were able to become the agents of their own wishes, needs and desires. Come '68, they appeared on NBC's nationally syndicated Showcase '68, hosted by Lloyd Thaxton paving way to their cult status.
It is not allegorical to say that in some way, they widened the entrance to the historical vacuum that a generation later would come to be filled by Riot Grrrl and rock 'n' roll camps for girls. The Feminine Complex were not just a good band because they were girls, or because they were the first girls. They are a good band because they are. Lucky for us, we have these recordings, so we can continue to hear why.
Features the original '69 album plus 11 originally unissued tracks!
01. Hide And Seek 02. Now I Need You 03. Are You Lonesome Like Me? 04. I Won’t Run 05. Six O’Clock In The Morning 06. Run That Thru Your Mind 07. It’s Magic 08. I Don’t Want Another Man 09. Forgetting 10. I’ve Been Workin’ On You 11. Time Slips By 12. Hold My Hand 13. Love Love Love 14. I’ve Been Workin’ On You (demo) 15. Hold Me 16. Now I Care 17. A Summer Morning 18. The Warmth Of Your Smile 19. Are You Lonesome Like Me? (demo) 20. Time Slips By (demo) 21. Is This A Dream? 22. Movin’
Freshly unleashed from the vaults of Desco Records and remastered for the first time since its 1998 release, it is an honor to announce the re-release of one of the finest and most satisfying needle drops of the last 40 years. An album that needs no introduction, yet one is required...we're talking raw soul and heavy, heavy funk sung with aplomb by one of the best in the biz...Ladies and Gentlemen...Presenting! the Lee Fields' classic, Let's Get a Groove. And groove you shall, for this is supernova of soulful superiority. This album will feature an exclusive green splatter vinyl, and has been out-of-print for over a decade.
SIDE A: 1. Intro By Mr Fields 2. Let's Get A Groove On 3. Watch That Man 4. Hey Sallie Mae (Get Off My Feet) 5. Let A Man Do 6. What He Wanna Do 7. All By Myself SIDE B: 1. Put It On Me 2. Take It Or Leave It 3. Steam Train 4. I'm A Millionaire 5. Bad, Bad, Bad
The release of the two remarkable 1965 New York Concerts performances offer a rare and revelatory glimpse into that discographic dark period. This captivating double LP set would be valuable solely for the brilliant music, which finds Giuffre leading otherwise undocumented trio and quartet line-ups that advance his experiments in counterpoint and abstraction from the chamber-like Free Fall into even more adventurous avant-garde territory. But it also offers much-needed insight into one of jazz’s most innovative thinkers at a key moment in his development. 180-gram vinyl.
LP1 / SIDE A –
1. Syncopate 2. Introduction 3. Crossroads
LP1 / SIDE B –
1. Drive 2. Quadrangle 3. Angles
LP2 / SIDE A –
1. Syncopate 2. Quadrangle 3. Three Bars In One
LP2 / SIDE B –
1. Cry, Want 2. Angles 3. Drive
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys final album, this 7” is the first official U.S. single. With new artwork by Experience Hendrix. Pressed on red and yellow splattered vinyl.
“Message To Love (Live)” / “Changes (Live)”
British guitarist Allan Holdsworth’s 1983 album has only ever been reissued on vinyl as part of a limited edition 12 LP until now. The bonus track on this RSD 2020 release has never been on vinyl before.
SIDE 1: 1. “Three Sheets To The Wind” 2. “Road Games” 3. Water On The Brain”
SIDE 2: 1. “Tokyo Dream” 2. “Was There?” 3. Material Real Bonus Track 4. “Road Games (Alternative Jack Bruce Vocal Version)”
The band’s 2019 debut album, on vinyl for the first time, and translucent blue vinyl at that.
Side A: “Lula, I'm Not Mad” / “Change Ur Mind” / “A Slow Death In Pacific Standard Time” / “Saturday Night (feat. Bleached)”
Side B: “Smarter Ways Of Saying It” / “Everything Means Everything Meant Everything” / “Ritalin” / “Halloween”
One of the greatest solo debuts in rock history, Paul McCartney's McCartney, will receive a special 50th anniversary release in a limited-edition half-speed mastered vinyl pressing for Record Store Day. Originally released in April 1970, one month before The Beatles’ swansong Let It Be, McCartney saw Paul getting back to basics. Writing every song and playing every instrument (with backing vocals from Linda McCartney), the eponymous album represented a creative rebirth, bursting with new ideas, experiments, playfulness and freedom. Sonically, McCartney's bare-bones home recording aesthetic imbued the album with an authentic lo-fi spirit, a much sought after sound that continues to retain a contemporary edge 50 years on. The 50th anniversary Record Store Day limited edition of McCartney was pressed from a master cut by Miles Showell at half speed using the original 1970 master tapes at Abbey Road Studios. It was made as a vinyl specific transfer in high resolution and without digital peak limiting for the best possible reproduction.
SIDE A –
1. The Lovely Linda, 2. That Would Be Something, 3. Valentines Day, 4. Every Night, 5. Hot As Sun, 6. Junk, 7. Man We Was Lonely
SIDE B –
1. Oo You, 2. Momma Miss America, 3. Teddy Boy, 4. Singalong Junk, 5. Maybe I'm Amazed, 6. Kreen-Akore
PRESSED ON BLUE & WHITE SWIRL VINYL!
Housed In A High Gloss Jacket With Each LP Tucked Into A Printed Inner Sleeve
Nasir "Nas" Jones' 2001 record Stillmatic was considered a major comeback for the 90s rap icon. It signaled a return to the gritty, urban chaos of his acclaimed debut album, after releasing record after record of gradually more mainstream material, and Nas' return to prominence in the highest echelons of hip-hop. In spite of this newfound critical clout, Stillmatic's release did nothing to squash his then ongoing feud with fellow New Yorker Jay-Z, who had gone so far as to challenge Nas to a pay-per-view rap battle, a challenge Nas rejected, stating "If Jay-Z wants to battle, he should drop his album the same day I do and let the people decide."
Nas fans never would get the no-holds barred lyrical battle with Jay-Z many had speculated. What they got instead was one of Nas' most personal and introspective releases to date in 2002. Not long after Stillmatic's release, Nas spent much of his time away from the limelight to tend to his ill mother, who would pass on from breast cancer in 2002. His experiences with his mother's mortality as well as the fallout of his feud with Jay-Z, who continued to produce diss tracks as Nas tended to his mother, would inspire much of the lyrical material on his next record. God's Son was released in December of 2002, and like Stillmatic before it, was subject to major critical acclaim.
On God's Son, Nas effectively took the battle-hardened demeanor he had cultivated and tore it down across 14 tracks that were emotionally insular, though still dusted in urban grit, and still finding time to shoot back at Jay-Z's potshots on tracks like "Last Real Nigga Alive" and "Mastermind." Assisting Nas was a slew of top-tier producers like The Alchemist, Eminem, Ron Browz, and Salaam Remi, over samples of James Brown, the Incredible Bongo Band, Fela Kuti, and Beethoven, and guest vocals from Alicia Keys, Kelis, Claudette Ortiz of City High, and even a posthumous 2Pac.
God's Son has been out of print on vinyl since its initial 2002 release, but Get On Down is excited to bring you this deluxe LP package for Record Store Day 2020, remastered from its original audio and pressed on exclusive colored vinyl!
1. Get Down, 2. The Cross, 3. Made You Look
1. Last Real Nigga Alive, 2. Zone Out (feat. Bravehearts), 3. Hey Nas (feat. Claudette Ortiz & Kelis), 4. I Can
1. Book Of Rhymes, 2. Thugz Mansion (N.Y.) (feat. 2Pac & J. Phoenix), 3. Mastermind, 4. Warrior Song (feat. Alicia Keys)
1. Revolutionary Warfare (feat. Lake), 2. Dance, 3. Heaven (feat. Jully Black)
New Vinyl: $89.98 Buy
In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the debut album of Wu-Tang Clan founding member Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version, we’re releasing a 25th Anniversary 7” Singles Box of the recently platinum-certified release (Originally released on March 28, 1995). Limited to only 3,000 individually numbered copies world-wide, this release will be pressed on blue, yellow and white 7” vinyl.
New Vinyl: $9.98 Buy
In celebration of their mutual admiration for the Deal sisters, The Good Life (feat. Tim Kasher of Cursive) and The Pauses join forces to affectionately re-interpret the seminal alt-rock pioneers The Breeders. The 7-inch split features beautiful Vaughan Oliver-inspired artwork (in tribute to the late artist) with custom screen-printed packaging designed and built with love by Dan Black at his Landland Colportage studio in Saint. Paul, MN.
Side A) The Good Life - "Divine Hammer" (from Last Splash) - Side B) The Pauses - "Off You" (from Title TK)
A truly special two-sided picture disc featuring imagery unavailable elsewhere - one side features the cover art, and the other, the Aureyal: a symbol representing the unity of the seven Gelfling Clans. The Aureyal presents itself in the visions of various important gelfling characters and is formally identified as "the sigil of great power" by skekGra the Heretic.
Composer Daniel Pemberton reveals: “I wanted the music to be as magical as Thra itself – organic, imperfect, strange, mystical, otherworldly and wonderful. I wanted to create new sounds that felt like they came from the world itself, as well as using thematic large scale orchestral elements to bring an emotion to the journey of the characters.
There are two Dark Crystal picture discs being released for Record Store Day, with completely different track listings.
The 10 episode prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal stars Taron Egerton, Star Wars’ Mark Hamill, Harry Potter’s Helena Bonham-Carter, Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander and Outlander’s Caitriona Balfe.
1. Dzenpo! – Daniel Pemberton 2. Remember Your Oath – Samuel Sim 3. Puppet Show – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Song Of Thra – Daniel Pemberton 5. The Skeksis Arrive – Samuel Sim 6. Outcast – Daniel Pemberton 7. Outside Podling Wayhouse – Daniel Pemberton
1. An Old Story – Daniel Pemberton 2. The Three Brothers Rise – Daniel Pemberton 3. Attack Of The Arathim – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Our Sister Is Gone – Samuel Sim 5. The Dark Crystal: End Credits – Daniel Pemberton 6. The Dark Crystal: The Age Of Hope – Daniel Pemberton
New Vinyl: $16.98 Buy
Just in time for Record Store Day 2020, Coalmine Records and Duck Down Music are happy to announce the 7’ release of "Latoya Jackson," the commanding, gritty posse cut first appearing on Sean Price & Small Professor's LP, 86 Witness. The A-side is the original version which features Quelle Chris with cuts from DJ Revolution, while the flip side features the “Back to the Old School Remix,” with a gracious guest verse from the luminary lyricist Masta Ace.
Adding to the record's allure for bonafide collectors and hip-hop fans alike, the artwork has been handled by Atlanta-based heavyweight FRKO (Action Bronson, Gucci Mane), who expertly reimagined the cover of Just-Ice's classic Back to the Old School (Fresh Records, 1986). With an aptitude for details, FRKO's vibrant visual take superimposes Masta Ace into the scene, drawing from the rap veteran's cover artwork for his 2004 album, A Long Hot Summer. The parallel merger of classic iconography and refined cultural references accents the 7" release with exemplary execution, giving new legs to a track that further personifies the coveted energy of its initial release as an exclusive Record Store Day drop, all while paying homage to the late legend Sean Price.
This collector’s edition 7-Inch of "Latoya Jackson" is pressed on striking bubble gum pink vinyl.
Side A: "Latoya Jackson" (Back to the Old School Remix) f/ Masta Ace Side B: "Latoya Jackson (feat. Quelle Chris & DJ Revolution)"
New Vinyl: $39.98 Buy
3LP set featuring a complete live show recorded at University of Wisconsin in 1989. Pressed on 140g black vinyl, the set features the tracks "Alex Chilton", "Bastards of Young", "I’ll Be You", "Can’t Hardly Wait", "I Will Dare", and many more. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
New Vinyl: $17.99 Buy
Does baby bring da ruckus when it’s time for sleep? Try throwing on our sweet renditions of Wu-Tang Clan. Can it be all so simple? Yes, and you too will be reunited with peace and quiet.
1. Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing ta F’ Wit 2. Da Mystery of Chessboxin’ 3. Shame on a N**** 4. Bring da Ruckus 5. Method Man 6. Protect Ya Neck
1. Gravel Pit 2. It’s Yourz 3. Triumph 4. Reunited 5. C.R.E.A.M. 6. Can It Be All so Simple
New Vinyl: $16.98 Buy
These live tracks from The Rolling Stones have never been commercially available before. "Rock In A Hard Place" was recorded live in Atlantic City and "Almost Hear You Sign" in Tokyo.
"Rock And A Hard Place"/"Almost Hear You Sigh"
In 2013, Chris Smither returned to his hometown of New Orleans to record a retrospective of his five-decade career with an all-star band including the legendary Allen Toussaint. The sessions were especially productive, resulting in the double CD release Still On The Levee in 2014. There were more than a dozen songs that couldn't fit on the original release, and they are collected here on More From The Levee. This is Chris Smither's first vinyl release since the ‘70s.
Side A: 1. Lonely Time 2. Confirmation 3. Drive You Home Again 4. I Am The Ride 5. What I Do
Side B: 1. Let It Go 2. Hey Hey Hey 3. Caveman 4. Old Man Down 5. Father's Day
Double-sided 7" picture disc in standard jacket. Side A will feature cover art from Weather Balloons (feat. Frances Cone) and Side B will feature cover art from SUSTO's rendition of "Daniel," the classic Elton John hit.
"Weather Balloons" is a special version of a previously released song from Ever Since I Lost My Mind, featuring vocals from tour mate Christina Cone (aka Frances Cone.) “Sometimes a song can be transformed through live performance with new people. For me, connecting with Christina was like meeting a long-lost musical sister, and when we began performing ‘Weather Balloons’ together on tour, the song was given a new energy that needed to be captured. This new recording is an attempt to capture that magic that happens on stage, between friends.” - SUSTO
On "Daniel," SUSTO present their faithful rendition of the classic Elton John hit, “Daniel.” Originally released by John in 1973, the song reached #2 on the US Pop charts and #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, and has since gone on to reach Platinum certification by the RIAA. SUSTO front man and lead singer, Justin Osborne, provides the vocals with a sincerity that honors the spirit of the beloved ballad, while the underlying instrumentals provide an effervescent quality, through the use of clever synch tones and instruments as unconventional as beer bottles."
“Weather Balloons (ft. Frances Cone)”/”Daniel”
The story of this compilation begins with a decades old myth; the "mystery singer" on a 10" acetate demo played to Elvis by Sam Phillips in June of 1954. Phillips, who was unable to ascertain the name of the singer, asked Elvis to sing the song as a debut record. The young, unknown Elvis was daunted by the performance. After attempting to record the song, Elvis felt he could not do it justice, and went on to record “That's All Right”. The demo's existence became an urban myth. The singer was finally identified as Jimmy Sweeney in early 2017 by writer Chris Kennedy, whose suspicions were confirmed by multiple sources, including Jimmy's daughter Eugenia. Sweeney’s masterpiece will finally be released under his own name on this compilation. In addition to that demo song, “Without You”, the album features some of Sweeney’s best recordings, many of which were never released to the public.
1. “Without You” - Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Deep Blues” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 3. “I Pay With Every Breath” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 4. “It Wouldn’t Be The Same (Without You) “- The Varieteers 5. “Desire” - Jimmy Sweeney 6. “Danny Boy” - Jimmy Destry 7. “Don’t Come In Here” – Varieteers 8. “Tobacco Road” - Jimmy Sweeney
1. “Gonna Find My Sweetheart “- Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Flippity Flop”- Jimmy Sweeney 3. “Sick, Sick, Sick” - Jim Sweeney 4. “She Wears My Ring” - Jimmy Bell 5. “Where You Lead Me” - Jim Sweeney 6.”Lunch In A Bucket” - Jimmy Bell 7. “Afraid” - Jim Sweeney 8. “What’cha Gonna Do About Me” - Jimmy Bell 9. “Deacon Brown” - Jimmy Sweeney
In 1979, Johnny Thunders, legendary Heartbreakers and New York Dolls guitarist, teamed up with Wayne Kramer, also legendary guitarist of Detroit’s seminal MC5, to form Gang War, an alliance that lasted the best part of a year. Although Gang War released no records and at the time got little attention, in retrospect the collaboration is looked on as a ‘rock fantasy’ supergroup. These live recordings bear testimony to this unique partnership between two renowned rock guitar icons.
Gang War came about shortly after Johnny released his So Alone album, and Wayne was not long out of jail after serving two years of a sentence of four for a coke bust. Arriving in Detroit with the Heartbreakers, Johnny met his teenage idol Wayne who jammed with them at the gig. Johnny stayed on, moving his family to Michigan and pledging his future to Gang War. They toured regularly and recorded a couple of demos with a view to getting a deal, but they couldn’t get record company interest and after eight or nine months they split.
On the recordings, both contribute lead vocals and guitars on Thunders and Dolls tracks such as London Boys, Endless Party and M.I.A.; songs familiar from Kramer and MC5 such as Ramblin’ Rose and Hey Thanks, and fascinating cover versions such as These Boots Are Made For Walking. Together with the between-track repartee they also demonstrate the difference between the two – as Wayne Kramer has said: “Music is important to me and I value the honor, the opportunity, to be an important musician. Johnny, on the other hand didn't consider himself a musician. He considered himself an entertainer.”
First time on vinyl; limited edition on double colored vinyl, with bonus tracks.
Ramblin’ Rose, London Boys, These Boots Are Made For Walking, M.I.A., The Harder They Come, Endless Party, I’d Much Rather Be With The Boys, I’ll Go Crazy, Hey Thanks, The Courageous Cat, Just Because I’m White/Bright Lights Big City, Around And Around, The Harder They Come, Ten Commandments Of Love, Like A Rolling Stone, Endless Party, Do You Love Me? Bonus live at Max's:- London Boys, I’d Much Rather Be With The Boys, Endless Party, Just Because I’m White, Like A Rolling Stone
SOFI TUKKER is the genre-defying duo of Sophie Hawley-Weld and Tucker Halpern celebrated for their inclusive and global perspective on electronic music and their work's themes of liberation, unity, and self-empowerment. The Dancing On The People EP (with three bonus tracks) is a collection of songs in English, Portuguese, and Spanish that expand Sofi Tukker’s global and inclusive vision of dance music with songs full of adventurous ideas and joy. Issued as a digital only release on September 20th, this first time vinyl release of the EP and for the bonus tracks as well, includes their collaboration with ZHU "Mi Rumba", and EP track remixes by Mahmut Orhan & R3HAB.
1. "Swing” 2. “Playa Grande” with Bomba Estereo 3. “Purple Hat” 4. “Ringless” 5. “Fantasy”
1. "Like This" 2. “Mi Rumba” 3. “Swing (Mahmut Orhan Remix)” 4. “Fantasy (R3HAB Remix)”
Penned by Emmy winner Lena Waithe and helmed by Grammy Award winner Melina Matsoukas in her feature directorial debut, Queen & Slim premiered last fall to critical and commercial acclaim. The accompanying multi-genre soundtrack, released by Motown, is now on vinyl for the first time for Record Store Day. Showcases a range of talent across Black artists. Including classic songs by Roy Ayers, Bilal X Raphael Saadiq, and others as well as new music from Lauryn Hill, Megan Thee Stallion, BJ the Chicago Kid, Vince Staples, Burna Boy, Lil Baby, Tiana Major9 & EARTHGANG.
LP1 / SIDE A
1. Megan Thee Stallion feat. VickeeLo - Ride Or Die, 2. Bilal feat. Raphael Saadiq - Soul Sista (Remix), 3. Vince Staples Feat. 6lack & Mereba - Yo Love, 4. Tiana Major9 & EARTHGANG – Collide
LP1 / SIDE B
1. Syd - Getting Late, 2. Mike Jones feat. Slim Thug & Paul Wall - Still Tippin', 3. Coast Contra feat. BJ The Chicago Kid - Queen x Slim, 4. Choker – Frame
LP2 / SIDE A
1. Lil Baby - Catch The Sun, 2. Roy Ayers - Searching, 3. Ms. Lauryn Hill - Guarding The Gates, 4. Burna Boy - My Money, My Baby
LP2 / SIDE B
1. Cedes Benz - The-Dream, 2. Little Freddie King - Standin' At Yo Door (Live), 3. Blood Orange feat. Ian Isiah & Jason Arce - Runnin’ Away, 4. Moses Sumney - Doomed
This Are Two Tone was the first Two Tone Records compilation, and features singles by The Specials, Madness, The Selecter, The Beat, The Bodysnatchers, Rhoda Daker and The Swinging Cats. This half-speed master LP is part of the Two Tone Records 40th Anniversary celebrations and is the first vinyl repress of the compilation since its original release in 1983.
1. THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “Gangsters” 2. MADNESS “Madness” 3. THE SELECTER “On My Radio” 4. THE BEAT “Tears of a Clown” 5. THE SPECIALS “A Message to You Rudy” 6. THE SELECTER “Too Much Pressure” 7. THE BODYSNATCHERS “Too Experienced” 8. THE BEAT “Ranking Full Stop” 9. THE SPECIALS “Too Much Too Young”
1. THE SELECTER “The Selecter” 2. THE SPECIALS “Stereotype” 3. THE SWINGING CATS “Mantovani” 4. THE SPECIALS “Do Nothing” 5. RICO & THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “Jungle Music” 6. RHODA & THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “The Boiler” 7. THE SPECIALS “Ghost Town”
Kickin presents Hi Tide Groove, DJ's Choice 1969 - 1981, a collection of Hi Records singles from the famous (Al Green and Ann Peebles) to the obscure (Africano and Jean Plum). Released for Record Store Day 2020 on 180g colored vinyl.
1. Larry "T-Byrd" Gordon “Contact Off Funk”, 2. Al Green “Love Ritual”, 3. Ann Peebles “Come To Mama”, 4. Syl Johnson “The Love You Left Behind”, 5. Ann Peebles “Somebody's On Your Case”, 6. O.V. Wright “Into Something (Can't Shake Loose)”, 7. Veneice “Stepchild”, 8. Ann Peebles “Slipped, Tripped and Fell In Love”, 9. Africano “Satisfactorize Your Mind”, 10. Africano “Open Your Hearts Pts. 1&2”, 11. Majik “Back Into Your Heart”, 12. Al Green “Full of Fire”, 13. Bobby McClure “She's Miss Wonderful”, 14. George Jackson “Let Them Know You Care”, 15. Phillip Mitchell “Little Things”, 16. Jean Plum “Look At That Boy”, 17. Ann Peebles “It's Your Thing”, 18. Al Green “Get Back Baby”, 19. Willie Mitchell “My Babe”, 20. Ann Peebles “I Don't Lend My Man”, 21.Iota “Love Come Weekend”, 22. Odyssey “No One Else Pts. 1&2”, 23. Donna Rhodes “Where's Your Love Been”, 24. Jean Plum “Pour On The Loving”, 25. Ann Peebles featuring Don Bryant “Man Belle-Amour”