RSD DROPS 2020 ALL
A-side is the first new material in 20 years from indie rock icons Archers of Loaf with a cover of "Street Fighting Man" originally recorded by The Rolling Stones on B-side.
"Raleigh Days"/"Street Fighting Man"
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Limited edition companion to Mikal Cronin's 2019 Seeker album, Switched-On Seeker is a completely synth-based, full-length reworking of Seeker in the vein of Wendy Carlos' "Switched-On" series.
“Shelter”|”Show Me”|”Feel It All”|”Fire”|”Sold”|”I've Got”|”Reason”|”Caravan”|”Guardian Well”|”Lost a Year”|”On the Shelf”
40th Anniversary Edition of The Cure's second studio album Seventeen Seconds, featuring their first UK top 40 single "A Forest". Pressed on picture disc for the first time, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020
Two brand new tracks from The Unraveling sessions, one from Patterson Hood and one from Mike Cooley - including, in Led Zeppelin-esque fashion, the albums orphaned title track “The Unraveling”.
"The Unraveling" b/w "Sarah's Flame"
This is a limited edition 7" recorded during the Ghost Of West Virginia recording sessions (that new album comes to record stores May 22). "Times Like These "is exclusive to this 7" and "Devil Put The Coal In The Ground" will be on the new album.
"Times Like These / It's About Blood"
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
In May 2002, Disney pulled the plug on Mammoth Records just weeks before the June 25th release date of John Wesley Harding's The Man with No Shadow. No more than 300 hundred journalists received advance CDs of Harding's new record, while only a handful of radio stations received the single "Negative Love'. No other physical copies existed. Over the years those advance CDs have fetched untold hundreds of dollars from an eager fan base in search of Wes' great 'lost" album. Though many - but not all - of the songs ended up on 2004's Adam's Apple (DRT Records), which All Music Guide called 'the finest album of his career', those that did make the cut were in a jumbled running order. The album has never previously been released on vinyl. The Man With No Shadow First Edition restores the album to Wes's original vision. The audio has been remastered from the original tapes, and the package includes cover art from the original sessions and extensive liner notes. The CD package includes the original album plus a bonus unheard band demos and studio outtakes, all previously unreleased.
1. Nothing At All 2. Negative Love 3. Monkey and his Cat 4. Sleeper, Awake 5. Hard 6. Pull 7. Sussex Ghost Story 8. It Stays 9. When You Smile 10. Sluts 11. She Never Talks 12. Already Dead 13. Protest Protest Protest (from Adam's Apple) 14. Slippery Slide to Bliss (Out-take) 15. Sluts (Demo) 16. Negative Love (Demo) 17. Monkey and his Cat (Demo) 18. Sleeper, Awake (Demo)
NC folk rockers Hiss Golden Messenger re-record two of their original songs, "Cat's Eye Blue" (from their critically acclaimed 2019 album Terms of Surrender) "Standing in the Doorway" (a 2017 digital-only single) at Spacebomb Studios in Richmond VA, with contributions from their in-house orchestra. The latest in the Alive at Spacebomb Studios series.
“Cat’s Eye Blue”/”Standing In The Doorway”
Coke bottle green 7" of the first single from Damien Jurado's forthcoming record. B-side "From Devils To Davis" is a brand new, unreleased track exclusive to this single.
A) “Birds Tricked Into the Trees “ B) “From Devils to Davis”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Brand new studio record of all new original material from Hall of Famer Pete Krebs. Recorded with his all-electric band The Gossamer Wings. These new songs are in line with the other two records from this line up I Know It By Heart and Sweet Ona Rose. Highly anticipated new record from internationally recognized singer-songwriter Pete Krebs.
MP3 Album: $5.99 Download
The Weeknd's No. 1 album My Dear Melancholy, available for the first time ever on vinyl. The six songs from this project, including the hit single "Call Out My Name" are featured on Side A of the 180-gram vinyl. Side B features an etched design to make this record a true collector's item.
1. Call Out My Name 2.Try Me 3. Wasted Times 4. I Was Never There 5. Hurt You 6. Privilege
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Sad Wings of Destiny is the second studio album by the English heavy metal group Judas Priest, released in 1976. It is considered the album on which Judas Priest consolidated their sound and image, and songs from it such as "Victim of Changes" and "The Ripper" have since become live standards. It is the only album to feature drummer Alan Moore.
1. Victim of Changes 2. The Ripper
1. Dreamer Deceiver 2. Deceiver
1. Prelude 2. Tyrant 3. Genocide
1. Epitaph 2. Island of Domination
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
The first official Rolling Stones’ rarities collection, Metamorphosis, was originally released in June 1975 to try to outwit the bootleggers. The release combines legendary outtakes and rarities as well as the wealth of demos that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards composed for other artists, which were subsequently re-recorded by the Stones themselves. The collection includes an orchestrated version of “Out Of Time,” recently featured in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The Record Store Day 2020 limited edition of the UK version of Metamorphosis will be released on hunter green vinyl and includes a full color exclusive iron-on t-shirt transfer of the album artwork, which alludes to Franz Kafka’s novella “The Metamorphosis,” the story of a man who wakes up one morning to find himself inexplicably transformed into a huge insect.
SIDE A –
1. Out Of Time 2. Don't Lie to Me 3. Some Things Just Stick in Your Mind 4. Each and Every Day of the Year 5. Heart of Stone 6. I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys 7. (Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City 8. We're Wastin' Time 9. Try a Little Harder
SIDE B –
1. I Don't Know Why 2. If You Let Me 3. Jiving Sister Fanny 4. Downtown Suzie 5. Family 6. Memo from Turner 7. I'm Going Down
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”